THE BENEFITS OF ALLERGEN ACCREDITATION
There will be many benefits of Allergen Accreditation to both you as an operator, as well your clients. By being accredited, you are showing your clients a knowledge, understanding and care regarding allergy awareness. You will also be acting in accordance of the law regarding allergens (preventing the risk of being fined for non-compliance)
- Consumers will be able to contact the operator by telephone or email to discuss ingredients and ascertain information about allergens
- They will be able to look up a premises on the website to ascertain whether they are Allergen Accredited
- To have the pre-determined confidence that the premises is safe to eat & drink at
- Know that they can ask any question regarding allergens at the premises and be assured of a polite and correct response.
- To be able to look up ingredients and listed allergens available from the premises on request.
- And be prompted by signage and instructions to request allergen information as and when required.
Consumers will be particularly impressed that the premises understands about all its ingredients thus promoting an even greater sense of being within a professional and safe eating and drinking environment
- Allergen Accreditation issues the operator (following verification) a certificate and sign with a QR Code allowing consumers to access the website to check the outlets authenticity if they need to.
- The Premises will be listed on the official allergenaccreditation.co.uk website for your clients to check your accreditation.
- Allergen Accreditation will last for 3 years before being renewable: or in the event of a new operator taking over a premises a new accreditation will need to be applied for. Likewise failing to adhere to the accreditation requirements will result in the removal of the premises from the system requiring that premises to re-apply.
Operators will be confident that their customers: ...will be particularly impressed that the premises understands about all its ingredients thus promoting an even greater sense of being within a professional and safe eating and drinking environment
Joint Benefits for both Operator and Clients from Allergen Accreditation
- We will supply advice and list those organisations who can provide specialist help and training and supply.
- Allergen Accreditation will manage all applications and renewals.
- Will promote to the general public “When you’re next eating out, make sure the business is allergen aware by looking out for the A symbol".
- We will liaise with other bodies, continuously undertake research and development, monitor and audit premises.
- Allergen Accreditation will send a periodical e-newsletter to operators with FAQ’s and updates accordingly as well as listings of approved outlets for consumers to look up.